Warehouse / Storeperson
Are you a detail oriented, person with a positive, can-do attitude?
· Are you organized and highly motivated?
· Do you think it’s important that everything is in its right place?
· Would you like to earn while you learn?
If yes, then read on!
We help Australian and international publishers get their books into the hands of readers by supplying retail stores, online booksellers, libraries and educational suppliers all over Australia.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to change careers or develop their career in a warehouse and procurement role, while gaining a Cert III in Warehousing Operations, a nationally recognised qualification.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Receiving incoming deliveries and shelving new stock
- Identifying orders that are ready to ship based on pre-set criteria
- Pick, pack and ship of orders
- Keeping the warehouse and other areas tidy and safe
- Minor property maintenance
- Ordering stock from suppliers
- Preparing mail shipments and organising couriers
- Inventory management and stocktaking
- Manual handling, including safely lifting/moving boxes up to 25kg in weight
- Maintaining and ordering packaging materials and other warehouse supplies
- Using barcode scanning and inventory software
- Checking and updating online ordering systems for Book Depository and Amazon
- Other tasks as requested
To be successful you will:
· Be a committed, self-motivated person
· Multi tasker and be able to work unsupervised
· Be highly organised and have strong time management skills
· Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
· Be competent in the use of technology
· Be willing to see tasks through to completion with a high level of accuracy
· Be an enthusiastic, positive and committed team member
· Be fit and capable of manual labour, including safely lifting boxes of up to 25kg in weight
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business within the Australian publishing industry. If you can show us you are an organised and timely person who wants to make a positive contribution to our business you will be well in front of the rest.
This is a full time position with the opportunity for long term employment and career progression for the right person.
If this sounds like you then apply online here.
Applications close on the 31st January, 2021